In addition each map has an associated Google Earth KML file that enables you to digitally walk the scene in 3D. In the case of landscape paintings, you get to walk the scene painted while viewing the painting in order to understand how the painter interpreted the scene. In the case of the architectural sites, you can walk around the building in 3D if you turn on the buildings layer in Google Earth.
Click on the map title below to go to the blog page with an embedded map, photos and background and source information about each subject.
Service Agreement regarding MyReadingMapped KML files:
"How MyReadingMapped KML files are different."
- The Life and Art of Vincent van Gogh / Google Map / Google Earth
- The Life and Art of Paul Cézanne / Google Map / Google Earth
- The World as seen in Famous Landscape Paintings / Google Map / Google Earth
- Battle sites: valor and carnage expressed in paintings. / Google Map / Google Earth
- Scenes Photographed by Ansel Adams
- Le Train: The Rescuing of the German-Looted French Art Train (1944) Fact vs. Fiction. / Google Map / Google Earth
- How I determined the locations of famous landscape locations in Google Map
- Color Language System for Braille
|Vincent van Gogh's painting Walk Along the Banks of|
the Seine Near Asnierese in Google Earth.
|Cézanne painting Road Before the Mountains|
Sainte-Victoire in Google Earth.
|The World Seen in Famous Landscape Paintings,|
Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot painting
Venise, La Piazzetta, 1835 in Google Earth
with Building's layer turned on.
|Battle sites: valor and carnage expressed in paintings.|